Do you want to be part of a successful non-profit scale up and are you a specialist in the field of marketing communications? Young Africa is looking for you!
You are alert to relevant developments and issues in the non-profit sector and you are a driven (online) communicator. You translate our objectives into clear standpoints, appealing expressions and an effective marketing communication approach. You are a thinker and a doer, you take responsibility for both the strategy and its implementation. You are a team player, but you easily take matters into your own hands and you are an experienced self-starter. You a the specialist in the field of communications. Content creation, social media, web shops and online platforms are familiar territory for you and working with them gives you energy.
You have a hands-on mentality and can think ahead and plan well. You are responsible for leading and coordinating the communications team in Zimbabwe, the Netherlands, and across our local branches. Because of your experience and personality, you know how to give substance to the role independently and to give final accountability for the plans you have made and their implementation.
You have excellent writing and editing skills, you have traceable experience as a news editor in a reputable media house, you are a diligent content creator, you have Degree/Higher Diploma in Journalism/Media from a recognised media training institution.
Leading communications team
- Overall responsible for the communications work and teams in Zimbabwe and The Netherlands;
- Supervise, guide, coordinate and monitor the communications activities of our local affiliated branches in five countries of Southern Africa.
Communications and visibility
- Design communication plans and strategies for Young Africa International and regional projects, lead, monitor and report on the implementation of project specific communications and visibility plans;
- Developing, editing and signing off of professional off-and-online content;
- Content creation for newsletters, blogs, impact stories, social media (photos and videos), newsletter, magazine and content for the website;
- Coordinating and advising hired photographers and media teams for the delivery of content;
- Coordinating the local production of communications and visibility merchandise;
- Developing and implementing the PR policy: press information, maintaining relationships with public and private media, journalists and influencers and acting as the primary point of contact for YA International, writing press releases, journalistic content and monitoring reach;
- Responsible for and coordinator of project working groups (with partners) in regards to communications and visibility of the projects;
- Monitor and analyse all internal and external communications means per quarter and report on same;
- Support programmes team with production of communications material such as presentations, branding of reporting templates etc. and safeguarding YA’s brand.
- Act as a technical advisor on communications for the programmes and M&E team across the organisation;
- Liaise and collaborate with the M&E department of the organisation and hold weekly meetings on exchanging information in order to enhance the understanding and quality of communications;
- Carrying out risk analysis, context analysis, and media monitoring both offline and online for programmatic communications;
- Maintaining relationships with current and potential partners.
Responsible for internal communications, in collaboration with HR and as part of the internal capacity improvement plan:
- Developing, implementing and coordinating the internal communications policies and plans;
- Facilitating internal communications workshops and training for international and confederation teams;
- Ongoing training of the YA Team on the use of Presentations, Reports and other standard YA Int. documents to safeguard the brand of YA;
- Support CEO with communications materials for networking from time to time;
- Produce online communications means and IEC materials for dissemination (of YA Models) purposes;
- Lead the production and dissemination of periodic newsletters to YA internal and external networks;
- Collaborate with the communications team in The Netherlands for the production of yearly annual reports.
- Advising colleagues on the right local stakeholder management.
Supporting affiliates in communications
- Lead, harness, and monitor communications and visibility means for affiliates to maximise the quality of their external communications and overall communications materials;
- Advising colleagues on regional PR strategy, communications and design and providing communications training for internal colleagues and colleagues from the local branches;
Have you become enthusiastic about this position?
We would like to receive a motivation letter (indicating your preferred starting salary), introduction video, CV and website/social media channels of your previous or current work before January 7th.
Should you be shortlisted, you will receive information about the interview process in the week of January 10, and the interviews will take place on January 14. Ideal start date is March 1, 2022.
We look forward to receiving your application at firstname.lastname@example.org