Young Africa - Our Team
Young Africa International is managed by co-founder and Chief Executive Officer Dorien Beurskens. Head of Operations is Phillip Wannel and Head of Programmes Mahara Goteka. Together they oversee the day-to-day operations. Young Africa International is divided into two offices. The headquarters can be found at the Young Africa HUB in Harare, Zimbabwe. The supporting office of Young Africa International is located in Amsterdam.
The Two Supervisory Boards
Besides the above named executive Board of Directors, the Young Africa HUB Trust in Zimbabwe has the following non-executive members:
- Godfrey T. Manhambara – Chair: Group Chief Executive Officer Beta Holding; HUB Trust board member since september 2015. Additional board positions he holds are at Zimnat, James North and Zimplow
- Nestar Mugabe: grants & partnerships manager at International Rescue Committee; member of the HUB Trust board since July 2019.Additional position: SDC Treasurer for Regina Mundi High School in Gweru, Zimbabwe.
The Young Africa International Supervisory Board in The Netherlands consists of the following members:
- Frans van Midde – Chair: internal auditor at Oxam Novib; supervisory board member since 1 April 2019
- Hilke Tol: independent organisational consultant/interim manager and Manager Expert Relations at Women on Wings; supervisory board member since 1 April 2019
- Stefan van der Swaluw: head of programmes and institutional funding at SOS Children’s Villages the Netherlands and supervisory board member since 1 September 2018
- Eduard Holtz: Director of Bank J Safra Sarasin and supervisory board member since 1 April 2019
- Kees Cluistra – chair Audit Committee: business controller at Vialis and supervisory board member since 1 September 2018
- Maurice Quaedvlieg: partner-shareholder at Mazars N.V. and supervisory board member since 1 September 2018. Additional positions: Board Member (treasurer) Mazars Foundation Nederland, Board Member (treasurer) Rode Kruis, District Haaglanden, Board Member (chair) Dorgelo Energie-rampenfonds.